It’s time for a new beginning…
We have recently been talking about the possibility to have a forum here, also more flexibility with the plugins, or even a blog that would be easier to read or navigate. In order to achieve this I first had to move the blog to another host, find another design and migrate the content, these 3 steps have now been done, if all goes well the last adjustments will be done during the next days so you may experience weird behavior or service interruption.
But the worst thing is that this migration doesn’t come without consequences and that’s why I didn’t want to do it before, I wanted the transfer to be as smooth as possible but I am afraid there will still be some side effects to it.
The painful consequences will be :
- Part of my subscribers (67 of them) might not transferred to the new website because these are wordpress subscribers and I have no possibility to export them. If you have subscribed to my blog via your wordpress account, I would be delighted if you could subscribe again once we have switched to the new site. For the other subscribers who entered your email address to subscribe, it shouldn’t be a problem hopefully, the subscriptions are moved too.
- The likes on the posts may be lost too 🙁 if you did “like” my posts in the past, it won’t show again unless you repeat that step once we are in the new website.
- The most recent comments (after 2nd August) are not migrated since the content is already in the new website, the switch might be done this weekend, I am not sure 100% since I still have a few bugs to correct and some topics that I can address only during the switch process, but it will definitely be up and running in the following days.
- The links you may have created on your websites that point to my articles, might be broken, if you linked the main url “sweetmakeuptemptations.com” it will be fine but if it was to a specific post, it could be broken. I will try to correct that too but there are so many operations to do that I have to accept the casualties and fine tune as we go along…
The benefits will be :
- It will be easier to read and navigate, well… I really hope so ! 🙂
- I will be able to merge it with a forum, not immediately but in the coming weeks, one thing at a time since I would love to correct any bugs or problems with the main site first.
- I wanted to create some sort of brush inventory or some brush databases but that cannot be done if I don’t move to a more customizable host. I have planned to do that in the following months.
I think that the longer I wait, the more difficult the migration so I thought it was now or never and despite the painful consequences. The final design is in place, I will add some more plugins afterwards and a few bits and pieces but I hope that the transition will be smooth for you and that you stay in the community !
You can comment in this post if you want to, although this post will not be migrated I will be able to reply to you here during the transition, or you can contact me by email if you have specific beauty related questions. The new site will keep the same address www.sweetmakeuptemptations.com
“There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.” Buddha.