Thanks to my dear friend Cindy from “A Girl’s Guide to Makeup“ I was informed that a new kaleidoscope was out… the “Chauvet Pont d’Arc“, in her post, she also informs us of a 10% code here so go check it out ! Cindy is my “precious kaleidoscope provider“, she always manages to get her hands on the rarest kaleidoscopes and she never forgets me !
A few weeks ago, I visited the Caverns of Vallorbe, don’t be surprised if you never heard of them, they are located in a small town in the Swiss Jura. This Chauvet kaleidoscope reminded me of these beautiful Caverns, same rock colors and the water is exactly the same color as the teal on the 4th layer of the kaleidoscope. However, “Chauvet Pont d’Arc” is a prehistoric cave in France and not a cavern… I don’t see any teal in the animal drawings discovered in that cave… but there’s certainly a reason… so let’s go to the point
Today, I just wanted to post some swatches and tell you about that 10% code that Cindy posted, I will update this post during the weekend as soon as I played with them and tried the application.
I ordered them from Zuneta, the code gave me a 10% on both kaleidoscopes, since I also wanted the blush kit, I have placed my order for both kits on the 12th of June. On the 13th, the parcel was already at my door… I selected “Europe Economy” and usually it takes 5 to 10 days… instead it took 24 hours… is that even possible ????
With their new Spring 2012 look “Nest of Plenty“, Rouge Bunny Rouge are launching a new range of eyeshadows in a refill format.
They are also launching a pallet concept with a Duo and Trio Eye Shadow Keeper, I cannot show them to you here today since I did not order them, but at this moment I have other alternatives to keep the eyeshadows.
This collection consists of 9 refills, six are new shades and the other three are from their current bestselling range (I did not order Unforgettable Oriole so instead, I will show you the one I already had) :
The new shades :
- Lilac Reef Curassow – Pale lilac with iridescent effect
- Trumpeter Koel – Dark lead-grey with lilac-blue iridescence
- Bohemian Waxwing – Iridescent bronzed champagne
- Olive Violetear – Smokey Olive with a satin finish
- Golden Rhea – Iridescent pale gold, pure and simple
- Umber Firefinch – Iridescent dark umber chocolate
The “repromotes” of the best-selling shades :
- Unforgettable Oriole – Delicate, metallic white gold
- Solstice Halcyon – Semi-matt mauve beige
- Abyssinian Catbird – Metallic bronze with golden highlights
This is how they are packaged :
You may want to be careful when opening the refill since the pan may slide out and fall.
Rouge Bunny Rouge delivers excellent eyeshadow quality. If you are eager to find the best quality matte eyeshadows, you cannot go wrong with Rouge Bunny Rouge and I totally recommend you splurge on this brand.
I don’t think it’s easy to create a matte finish that is nicely pigmented without being chalky, muddy or streaky. These matte eyeshadows from RBR have all the qualities you are looking for in a matte formula, plus, they are long-lasting and easy to blend on their own or together with other textures.
The only reason why I don’t use them more often today is because you can not buy them in refills and put them in your palettes, but, this is finally changing… they have just released new eyeshadows in a refill format : “Nest of Plenty“, with some new shades and some other picked from their current range. I have ordered them and will be swatching and reviewing them for you during this next weekend.
At the bottom of this post, I will also add some swatches of the non-matte RBR eyeshadows I own today so that you can have an idea of the beautiful shades they have in their current collection.
On to the RBR matte collection … only 6 shades are available. Their RBR description is spot on :
- Papyrus Canary : Semi-opaque palest creamy beige
- Chestnut-napped Apalis : Semi-opaque chestnut puree with a hint of cocoa dust
- Grey go-away Lourie : Semi-opaque smokey slate grey
- Blackpepper Jay : Semi-opaque smokey black brown
- Bashful Flamingo : Semi-opaque pale powder pink looking ultra natural and fresh on the eye
- Sweet Dust Seriema : Semi-opaque cool dusty mauve taupe
I am always in the hunt for the best lip liner, I love when after 4 to 5 hours I can still see the definition and the color on my lips, I am very happy if they last that long since I am always playing with my lips, drinking or talking too much
I can finally say that I am happy with the ones I own, they have very decent long-lasting wear and I consider them flattering for my skin tone.
I use them to fill my lips entirely, as a base for a lipstick or a gloss. They need to be non-drying, drink-proof and if possible, kiss-proof… better be ready
I have 5 lip liners that I reach for all the time, I will show you my 5 top favorites but also some of the ones that I like but I don’t wear as often.
These are my top 5 favorites :
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Esteban
- Make Up for ever 1C
- Chanel Naturel
- By Terry Rosy Nude
- Chanel Bois de Rose
A picture with my favorites and the others that I also enjoy wearing :
From left to right :
- Nars Rue Bonaparte (to line the outer lips for better definition)
- Mac Beurre (to contour)
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Esteban : flesh toned peach, RBR describes it as “metallic” but it has a natural shiny finish on my lips.
- Make Up For Ever 1C : light neutral beige, matte finish, lasts forever …
- Chanel Natural 34, beige, pinky-nude, satin finish, goes with everything and very very good long-lasting power.
- By Terry Rosy Nude, well… rosy-nude color… matte finish, flattering and long-lasting.
- Chanel Bois de Rose, deep rose with some red, the finish is more satin than matte to me, I find it extremely flattering, it brightens my whole face and has become my HG. Very long-lasting, released with the Spring 2012 collection but I have been told it will be permanent… Thank God !
- Edward Bess Natural, the finish is like a creamy satin and very comfortable, it’s supposed to be an universal shade, I like it but I think it has a bit too much brown for filling my lips with, and I don’t use it often since the color does not last at all on my lips.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Vasco, cherry blossom powder pink, matte-satin finish on my lips, like all the RBR, this one is very long-lasting, will be gorgeous for a pinky-nude lipstick for the summer !
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Marco, medium cool raspberry, pure-matte they say in RBR site but the finish is not like MUFE C1, this one still has like a satin finish to me… I use it with darker lipsticks or to define the contour a little more precisely when I need to.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Roald, pale mauve, pure-matte, they say again, but to me it’s like it has kind of a satiny finish.
- Catrice Lost in the Rosewood 030, it’s the cheapest of all, delivers a very natural color, with a satiny finish, but does not last that long on my lips.
- N7 Nude 20, Lisa Eldridge created this color for N7, she wanted the perfect nude lip liner and that’s what it is. The only problem is that it does not last long on my lips unfortunately.
None of them are drying on my lips, they are all comfortable and most of them very long-lasting.
Swatches of all of them together :
My best friend Eric was in London last week on a business trip and I asked him if he could stop by at Selfridges for me…
Eric is the nicest and most generous guy and I just don’t understand why he is still single, certainly because he works way too much So, he visited the make up counters and he picked up all the items on my wishlist.. I just cannot thank him enough for that !
My wishlist contained a huge lot of Suqqu…. Suqqu is one of these brands that I don’t even need to swatch or try before I buy, I know I am going to love it. I wear Suqqu on a daily basis, to work, in the evening, or to any special occasion, Suqqu totally delivers, the colors are often neutral but with a twist, very pigmented and absolutely non-chalky. Exactly what I am looking for.
Make up is all about emotions and passion, it makes you feel happier, more confident, sexier… this is how Suqqu makes me feel and why I love this brand so much.
Some of the items launched in this Spring-Summer 2012 collection are limited edition and some others are permanent :
Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow
- 09 Usumoegi
- 10 Kozuecha
- 11 Himesango
Suqqu Nuancing Cheeks :
- Ex-01 Botaniro LE
- Ex-02 Kohakusur LE
- Ex-03 Akanemizu LE
Suqqu Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist :
- 01 – Haruoto
- 02 – Kurumiro
- 04- Tousakura LE
Bright Veil Face Color
- Ex-01 LE
Suqqu Blend Color Eyeshadow
Unlike the previous palettes, these new palettes are quints, the bottom left being a split pan with two of the darkest shades. I actually also swatched the darkest shade of each palette wet to see what they could look like, you will see those wet swatches further down in this post.
I got the 3 new eyeshadow palettes :
Each palette comes with two little cute applicators, usually they always go straight to the bin but these looked interesting. I tried them and actually they work ! I prefer full size brushes of course, these are tiny but if you don’t have full size brushes, they would do the job. I even consider keeping one in my daily make up bag for emergencies :
and this is what Suqqu packaging looks like, sleek and elegant as always :
The palettes have tiny holes at the back and you can pop out the pans if you want to mix them with other palettes for example, or if you finish a pan, you can buy a replacement, maybe they won’t have the same color but Suqqu also sells individual eyeshadows.
In each one of the palettes, the lightest and darkest shades are mattes, the other colors are also very interesting, I love the way they reflect the light, they are extremely long-lasting and so finely milled that they feel like the softest silk.
If I see “Long-Lasting” or “Waterproof” on any kind of make up, I will try it and if I really like it, I will invest. I hate to have to reapply make up during the day and since I go to work on my motorbike during spring and summer, and even sometimes winter, I need the best smudge proof and waterproof make up. I started with the shade Roald and I was addicted.
In the Zuneta website, where you can order them, this is what Rouge Bunny Rouge says about them :
Advanced technology in this longwearing pencil delivers a formula with an instant release of intense colour, smooth glide-on and a precise application.
The synergic action of gellified systems, special polymers and waxes provides a most comfortable and semi-permanent colour. Once dry, the colour will last the whole day and is waterproof too!
These incredibly indelible lip pencils have been matched to your lips (as we all know, we match liners to the lips, not the lipsticks).
You have probably already noticed that these wonderful Lancome lipsticks are now starting to hit the counters.
When I bought the first one I did not even know that they were long-lasting and so bright ! They are bright when you swatch them but on the lips the impact is even greater !
I wanted to share a few swatches with you.