With their new Spring 2012 look “Nest of Plenty“, Rouge Bunny Rouge are launching a new range of eyeshadows in a refill format.
They are also launching a pallet concept with a Duo and Trio Eye Shadow Keeper, I cannot show them to you here today since I did not order them, but at this moment I have other alternatives to keep the eyeshadows.
This collection consists of 9 refills, six are new shades and the other three are from their current bestselling range (I did not order Unforgettable Oriole so instead, I will show you the one I already had) :
The new shades :
- Lilac Reef Curassow – Pale lilac with iridescent effect
- Trumpeter Koel – Dark lead-grey with lilac-blue iridescence
- Bohemian Waxwing – Iridescent bronzed champagne
- Olive Violetear – Smokey Olive with a satin finish
- Golden Rhea – Iridescent pale gold, pure and simple
- Umber Firefinch – Iridescent dark umber chocolate
The “repromotes” of the best-selling shades :
- Unforgettable Oriole – Delicate, metallic white gold
- Solstice Halcyon – Semi-matt mauve beige
- Abyssinian Catbird – Metallic bronze with golden highlights
This is how they are packaged :
You may want to be careful when opening the refill since the pan may slide out and fall.
Rouge Bunny Rouge delivers excellent eyeshadow quality. If you are eager to find the best quality matte eyeshadows, you cannot go wrong with Rouge Bunny Rouge and I totally recommend you splurge on this brand.
I don’t think it’s easy to create a matte finish that is nicely pigmented without being chalky, muddy or streaky. These matte eyeshadows from RBR have all the qualities you are looking for in a matte formula, plus, they are long-lasting and easy to blend on their own or together with other textures.
The only reason why I don’t use them more often today is because you can not buy them in refills and put them in your palettes, but, this is finally changing… they have just released new eyeshadows in a refill format : “Nest of Plenty“, with some new shades and some other picked from their current range. I have ordered them and will be swatching and reviewing them for you during this next weekend.
At the bottom of this post, I will also add some swatches of the non-matte RBR eyeshadows I own today so that you can have an idea of the beautiful shades they have in their current collection.
On to the RBR matte collection … only 6 shades are available. Their RBR description is spot on :
- Papyrus Canary : Semi-opaque palest creamy beige
- Chestnut-napped Apalis : Semi-opaque chestnut puree with a hint of cocoa dust
- Grey go-away Lourie : Semi-opaque smokey slate grey
- Blackpepper Jay : Semi-opaque smokey black brown
- Bashful Flamingo : Semi-opaque pale powder pink looking ultra natural and fresh on the eye
- Sweet Dust Seriema : Semi-opaque cool dusty mauve taupe