I am always in the hunt for the best lip liner, I love when after 4 to 5 hours I can still see the definition and the color on my lips, I am very happy if they last that long since I am always playing with my lips, drinking or talking too much
I can finally say that I am happy with the ones I own, they have very decent long-lasting wear and I consider them flattering for my skin tone.
I use them to fill my lips entirely, as a base for a lipstick or a gloss. They need to be non-drying, drink-proof and if possible, kiss-proof… better be ready
I have 5 lip liners that I reach for all the time, I will show you my 5 top favorites but also some of the ones that I like but I don’t wear as often.
These are my top 5 favorites :
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Esteban
- Make Up for ever 1C
- Chanel Naturel
- By Terry Rosy Nude
- Chanel Bois de Rose
A picture with my favorites and the others that I also enjoy wearing :
From left to right :
- Nars Rue Bonaparte (to line the outer lips for better definition)
- Mac Beurre (to contour)
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Esteban : flesh toned peach, RBR describes it as “metallic” but it has a natural shiny finish on my lips.
- Make Up For Ever 1C : light neutral beige, matte finish, lasts forever …
- Chanel Natural 34, beige, pinky-nude, satin finish, goes with everything and very very good long-lasting power.
- By Terry Rosy Nude, well… rosy-nude color… matte finish, flattering and long-lasting.
- Chanel Bois de Rose, deep rose with some red, the finish is more satin than matte to me, I find it extremely flattering, it brightens my whole face and has become my HG. Very long-lasting, released with the Spring 2012 collection but I have been told it will be permanent… Thank God !
- Edward Bess Natural, the finish is like a creamy satin and very comfortable, it’s supposed to be an universal shade, I like it but I think it has a bit too much brown for filling my lips with, and I don’t use it often since the color does not last at all on my lips.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Vasco, cherry blossom powder pink, matte-satin finish on my lips, like all the RBR, this one is very long-lasting, will be gorgeous for a pinky-nude lipstick for the summer !
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Marco, medium cool raspberry, pure-matte they say in RBR site but the finish is not like MUFE C1, this one still has like a satin finish to me… I use it with darker lipsticks or to define the contour a little more precisely when I need to.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Roald, pale mauve, pure-matte, they say again, but to me it’s like it has kind of a satiny finish.
- Catrice Lost in the Rosewood 030, it’s the cheapest of all, delivers a very natural color, with a satiny finish, but does not last that long on my lips.
- N7 Nude 20, Lisa Eldridge created this color for N7, she wanted the perfect nude lip liner and that’s what it is. The only problem is that it does not last long on my lips unfortunately.
None of them are drying on my lips, they are all comfortable and most of them very long-lasting.
Swatches of all of them together :
If I see “Long-Lasting” or “Waterproof” on any kind of make up, I will try it and if I really like it, I will invest. I hate to have to reapply make up during the day and since I go to work on my motorbike during spring and summer, and even sometimes winter, I need the best smudge proof and waterproof make up. I started with the shade Roald and I was addicted.
In the Zuneta website, where you can order them, this is what Rouge Bunny Rouge says about them :
Advanced technology in this longwearing pencil delivers a formula with an instant release of intense colour, smooth glide-on and a precise application.
The synergic action of gellified systems, special polymers and waxes provides a most comfortable and semi-permanent colour. Once dry, the colour will last the whole day and is waterproof too!
These incredibly indelible lip pencils have been matched to your lips (as we all know, we match liners to the lips, not the lipsticks).