Although I am not doing much on my eyebrows on a daily basis, it does make a difference when I do and with a smokey eye look it’s just simply mandatory. I really truly deeply prefer not to overdo my eyebrows, I always try to keep it to a minimum and as natural as possible, I find that the more I do on them the older it makes me look and we don’t need that
If you were thinking of enhancing the shape of your eyebrows, you may want to watch a few tutorials or videos first if you are not sure what to do, there are hundreds of them out there ! Have a look at this one by Wayne on eyebrow shapes, it’s funny and interesting and he made another even funnier here. Jen is also absolutely amazing, I love how clear her tutorials are and how helpful, she summarizes every single step here. Pixiwoo also share their experience in a video and if you watch all these videos you will know everything you need to know about eyebrows. For those who lost their eyebrows or have over-plucked them, I love this video, I think Carly has simply great ideas and I could listen to her for hours. I did over-plucked them two years ago, not much but I did and I have been told off by my an esthetician, she told me they would not grow back again, but luckily they did. Actually, I prefer to wax around the eyebrows, top, underneath the arch and in the middle of both, I love how soft it feels afterwards and to tell you the truth, I hate plucking them, every hair out equals a sneeze and apart from my boyfriend who laughs like a drain, I don’t really find it very enjoyable so I only pluck them when necessary in between each wax appointment.
Once you have the shape that matches the best your eyes and your face, the product you’ll use to fill them in depends on what you need to add to the shape and the density. Mine don’t really behave but at least they are not high maintenance, I don’t even fill them in on a daily basis and if I do, just roughly. If I do a stronger look then I’ll need to balance and frame my eyes a bit better and therefore I will pay a bit more attention to them.
Since I have a few high-end and rare products, I will share my thoughts on them with you. If you have tried them already or have favorites, please also share for whoever is interested in perfecting their eyebrows
These are the products I most enjoy using :
- Mac powder eyeshadows (or any other eyeshadow). It can be cheap, fast, nice and easy when you don’t need much precision.
- The Tom Ford Brow Sculptor, expensive like no other, fast, great when you want a bit more precision and with a great long-lasting result.
- The Suqqu eyebrow liquid pen, not cheap, not easy to find either, when you want precision and long-lasting results.
- The Shu Uemura Hard Formula eyebrow pencil, not cheap, not easy to find, when you don’t need much precision and when you have some brows !
- A long-lasting matte pencil liner (like Mac Duck or any other waterproof pencil) and an eyebrow brush, not that cheap but reasonable, when you want long-lasting results with adjustable precision since it will depend on the brush.
- A special palette for eyebrows containing powder, wax and tools. Easy but maybe a bit too bulky if you don’t need to use everything.